Which personal information we collect
SERVICE study association collects your personal information that you provided to us when registering to our website. Below, an overview is visible of the personal data that we collect:
- First and last name – This is used as identification for administrative purposes (including, among others: payment, committees, participation in activities)
- Date of birth – This is to conform to laws regarding age restriction on certain activities
- Address information – Used for contact in terms of physical mail
- (Mobile) phone number – Used for short term contact in case of emergencies
- E-mail address – Used to provide information quickly via e-mail
- Type of education – Used to share targeted activities with (TUe) students, alumni, or teachers
- Additional personal information that you actively provide to us when registering your account, or that you provide to us personally / online / on the phone.
- Data regarding your activity on the SERVICE website
Why we collect these data
The before mentioned data is collected for the following purposes:
- To give you the opportunity to create an account and subscribe to our activities
- To send you our monthly newsletter (in case you gave us permission for this)
- To be able to send you a payment request, in case you participate in an activity with an entry fee
SERVICE has no intention to collect data from visitors that are under the age of 16 years, unless they have permission from a parent or guardian.
However, it is not possible for us to check whether visitors of the website are older than 16 years. Therefore, we advise parents/guardians to be actively involved in the online activities of their child. This is to prevent data from being collected without permission. In case you are convinced that information of a minor is being collected without proper permission, then please contact us via our general contact address to remove this information.
When participating in an activity, you automatically agree that footage – including photos and videos – could be made in which you are visible. We process this footage to promote out activities on multiple media platforms (specified further below). These processes are always voluntarily and are not used for other means. If you have further questions or objections to sharing footage, then please contact us via the contact address above.
In case you visit our login page, a temporary cookie will be stored to check if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is removed once you close your browser. Once you log in, we will store several cookies regarding your login information and display options. Login cookies are available for 2 days and cookies for display options for 1 year. If you choose the option: “Remember me”, your login will be stored for 2 weeks. Once you log out of your account, login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other sites
Messages on this site could contain embedded content (for example: videos, images, messages, etc.). Embedded content from other sites behaves the same way it would when the visitor visited the site that is being embedded.
How long is your data collected?
For users that register on our website (if present), we also store personal information that they provide in their profile. All users can view, edit, or remove their personal information at any time (one exception being their username, which cannot be changed). The site administrators can also view and edit this information.
Exchange to third parties
- It is possible that sponsors request SERVICE to share contact information of members that were present at an activity that was organised by a mentioned sponsor. In this case, e-mail addresses of the participants may be shared, on the condition that the sponsor can only use this information once and will be deleted within 28 days. This contact information will be used for one (1) form of promotion. SERVICE ensures that a maximum of 1 e-mail per year will be sent by a sponsor.
- In cases of legal emergencies, SERVICE may be approached to share personal information that contribute to law enforcement.
Which rights you have over your data
If you own an account on this website, you have the right to request an export file of your personal information that we collect, including all information that you provided to us. You could also request us to remove all personal information of you that we possess. This does not include information that we are required to store for administrative, legal, or safety-related purposes.